Ignyte Assurance Platform™ is a leader in collaborative security and integrated GRC solutions for global corporations. For corporate risk and compliance officers who depend heavily on the protection of their resources, Ignyte is the ultimate translation engine for simplifying compliance across regulations, standards, and guidelines. The Ignyte platform is used by leading corporations in diverse industries; such as Healthcare, Defense, and Technology
Ignyte Assurance Platform is integrated risk management (IRM) automation software specifically developed for auditors, legal ofﬁcers and security ofﬁcers to help them set standards on usability and remove barriers to adopt enterprise-wide business process automation.
At Ignyte, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
We are looking for a goal-oriented, Technical Writer to join our team! If you a candidate whose ideal next role is working to build a bridge between Product and Engineering teams within a company and their customers, allowing for technical complexities to be discernible to a wide audience, then this is the role for you! You will partner closely with our Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to build a document library that outlines our features in ways that are intuitive and well-articulated. You will craft developer and user-facing software documentation. We are looking for someone who can quickly attain a solid understanding of our users’ needs (both internal and external) and build the content to help them best use our product to deliver amazing results.
At Ignyte, you will be instrumental in setting up our documentation infrastructure and tooling. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Your Objectives for the Role
- Setup, improve and enforce current organizational documentation development standards.
- Obtain a deep understanding of Ignyte products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
What You’ll Do
- Become intimately familiar with the Ignyte risk product suite, it’s interface and usage.
- Create a strategy for professionalizing product and industry-centric documentation, content, and knowledge base creation.
- Professionalize knowledge base and write Ignyte product user guides, help guides & FAQs.
- Help build imagery and video content for product guides by working with designers.
- Become a brand builder through implementing consistent brand messages, adopting brand voice, visual cues, and proper usage of brand assets.
- Learn or have a working knowledge of modern documentation and knowledgebase systems.
- Manage Ignyte software release notes
- Write a monthly customer-facing blog content based on new features and industry trends.
- Edit & proofreading of content written by other writers on the marketing team.
- Write data-sheets, features, and product specification sheets.
- Help write internal procedures, policies for quality management systems, security documentation, and similar content.
- Help write, proofread and manage proposals, industry presentations, and SOWs.
- Review internal business plans, content, and material for grammatical errors.
- Format word documents according to federal specifications with attention to detail.
- Research, outline, and edit new content. Work with marketing, product, and project team members to understand requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Developed technical writer voice and structure
- Strong, flexible writing skills appropriate for a client audience, with the ability to strike a conversational or more formal tone, depending on the deliverable.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Experience working with federal proposal writing teams to develop specific document templates according to Federal SOW requirements.
- Advance usage of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint (templating), and a basic understanding of any web-based knowledge base or help guide system.
Knowledge of API Documentation (Postman or Swagger)
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (send résumé here)
Number: (937) 789-4216